The Surly Pugsley in full winter touring mode.
- Brooks B17 Standard saddle
- 45NRTH Heiruspecs pedals
- Revelate Designs frame bag
- Revelate Designs Pika seat bag
- Revelate Designs Jerry Can
- Revelate Designs Gas Tank
- Salsa Anything cages with Porcelain Rocket Anything bags
- Old Man Mountain Front Rack
- 45NRTH Cobrafist Pogies
- Sram X9 crankset
- Chris King bottom bracket
- Wolftooth Components direct mount 28t Snowflake chainring
- Shimano XT 11-36 10 speed cassette
- Wolftooth Components 42t cog
- Absolute Black 11t cassette lock ring
- Shimano XT M786 Shadow+ rear derailleur
- KMC X10SL chain.
Changing the stock Pugsley 2×9 drivetrain to 1×10 offers a number of benefits including; improved shifting, a significant weight savings, no front derailleur to ice up or to drop a chain, and of course pure simplicity. By using the single Wolftooth drop stop chainring and the rear Shimano clutch derailleur, dropped chains and chain slap are a thing of the past. The Absolute Black cassette lock ring allows the removal of the 11 tooth cog when using the Wolftooth 42 tooth cog to achieve a tighter gear range. Without this lock ring you must remove either the 15 or 17 tooth cog from an 11-36 cassette. When I’m riding snow trails with a 28 tooth chainring, the 11 tooth cog never gets used and the loss of the 15 or 17 tooth cogs can be quite frustrating. There always seems to be a comfortable gear with the 13-42 cassette.